We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
What is a fan coil?
A fan coil is a radiator equipped with a fan who go pulsating air hot or cold and air treatment of an ambient environment depending on whether it is used in function air conditioner or heater. It can provide both air conditioning in summer and heating in winter.
This type of device was originally found in offices to heat or cool the ambient air. Its design has now improved significantly in terms of aesthetics and comfort. Nowadays, homes are increasingly supplied with fan coil units.
What is the composition of a fan coil?
A fan coil includes:
- one or two turbines to blow the air,
- a filtered to retain dust from the incoming air,
- one or more battery, through which air circulates to be heated or cooled,
- a condensed water recovery tank (connected to the evacuation network),
- a thermostat to set the temperature and the ventilation speed,
- a dressing in galvanized steel.
What types of fan coil units are there?
There are several types of fan coil. Fan coil units multiple batteries or tubes are more efficient. The number of valve channels (2 or 3 channels) also improves their performance since the higher it is, the more a fan coil makes the regulation of the air precise.
- The fan coil with 2 reversible tubes : it includes only one exchanger supplied with hot or cold water depending on the use. Its comfort of use is less during the mid-seasons.
- The fan coil with 2 reversible tubes and 2 wires : it includes an electrical resistance which serves as additional heating during the mid-seasons.
- The 2-pipe, 2-wire fan coil : it includes only one exchanger supplied with cold water to cool in summer and an electrical resistance to heat in winter.
- The 4-pipe fan coil : it includes 2 different batteries giving either heat or freshness depending on the season.
How does a fan coil work?
To operate, a fan coil must be connected to water network and coupled with a heat pump. It then corresponds to the indoor unit of air conditioning. In heating only mode, it is connected to a classic boiler.
The principle of fan convection is ensured by the calories of water which are produced by the generator arriving at the fan coil. These calories are then transferred through the heat exchanger, as well as the fan, into the room to be heated or cooled. Air circulates through the batteries or exchangers.
Where to place a fan coil at home?
Depending on the model, the fan coil is placed on the floor, fixed to the wall or ceiling. It can also be installed in a false ceiling or a wall. In this case, only the ventilation grilles are visible.
Variable thicknesses, but also different styles, designs and colors, the fan coil unit fits perfectly in the home. It can be installed in a bedroom since its noise level is low for some models.
It can also be an ideal auxiliary heater to adopt for its living room if installed independently of central heating.
What are the advantages of a fan coil?
The advantages of fan coil are many :
- It fits perfectly in the home,
- It has great comfort in use. Indeed, the radiator is much faster in terms of heating than a hydraulic inertia radiator without ventilation.
- The room he is in heats up much more quickly.
What are the disadvantages of a fan coil?
The fan coil has some drawbacks, however:
- It can be noisy depending on the model,
- It has little inertia, that is to say it heats up quickly, but the heat fades when it is turned off,
- Its installation can be complicated because of its network of ducts to be installed,
- Its filtration system is not always up to par according to the models,
- It requires too much renovation work; better to install it in new construction.
The first prizes of a fan coil are around 500 €. The costs increase according to the type of material and its power, but also according to its design.